Introducing Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016, a milestone release of Microsoft’s business management solution offers significant new capabilities in mobility, business insight, and cloud services, as well as deeper interoperability with Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Office 365. Explore highlights of the new capabilities and reach out to your Microsoft Dynamics partner to get a personal demo and learn more.
Mobile app on the device of your choice
Enable mobile workers on any device with new streamlined, easy-to-use native apps for all for all forms of devices— phones, tablets, and mouse and keyboard—running Android, iOS, or Windows. Stay connected with your business and access the information you need, whenever you need it. You can experience Dynamics NAV 2016 at any time, on the broadest range of devices ever. You can access the familiar Microsoft Dynamics NAV experience from your smartphone, tablet, notebook, 2-in-1, and desktop computer, in a fast and fluid interface that is optimized for touch, and for keyboard and mouse. On your smartphone, you can also use the camera to capture invoices on-the-go, and create the corresponding purchase document, increasing your effectiveness out in the field.
Work natively with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Grow sales, improve customer service, and streamline orderto-cash processes through native integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Whether you are working in Dynamics NAV or Dynamics CRM, you can easily access the relevant business information that you need, from the product that you prefer, optimizing the full lead-to-cash process and facilitating informed decision making. For example, you can view and process a sales order from within Dynamics NAV, even though it was originally created in Dynamics CRM. You can also view the latest information about a CRM account, for example, regarding outstanding orders, invoices, or balances, while in Dynamics NAV. It is easy to navigate between the two systems and the seamless experience means that you can increase sales and order accuracy and decrease the time from a sales lead to receipt of cash from a customer.
Microsoft Power BI
Increase business insight with pre-built Microsoft Power BI dashboards and data connections that give teams instant access to key performance indicators in an intuitive environment, designed for secure collaboration. The new integration with Microsoft
Power BI lets you connect to your Dynamics NAV instance and immediately access details about:
- and finance.
You can drill into more detail about sales and finance reports, facilitating decision making. You can also modify, extend, and personalize the dashboard to get exactly the information that you need, enhancing insight into your business.
Essential cloud services
Work efficiently, avoiding unnecessary manual tasks, following the latest standards and regulatory requirements.
- Take advantage of new cloud business services to manage incoming documents in Dynamics NAV 2016. Optimize document handling by adding automatic processing—saving you time, and facilitating backup and storage.
- You can capture, archive, and easily find incoming documents using a cloud-based document capture service and you can create purchase invoices or general journal line drafts automatically—removing the need to manually retype data. Getting paper invoices into Dynamics NAV has never been easier—simply take a picture of an invoice using the Dynamics NAV phone app, send it to an optical character recognition (OCR) service, and it will appear in the accounts payable. You can also track the original document from draft and posted purchase documents, as well as from ledger entries, facilitating auditing tasks.
Increase your productivity with more than 20 powerful, out-of-the-box workflow templates that facilitate:
- sales and purchase approvals,
- create notifications for someone to take action,
- or help you handle incoming documents.
In just a few clicks, you can set up workflows to connect your business processes to industry standards. Anyone can use the intuitive workflow designer to create and modify workflow steps, so you can easily create tailormade workflows for your business, introducing business process automation and controls, without the need for a super user or technical expert.
Save time and enjoy an enhanced user experience, using powerful finance-management features that build new financial functionality into the core product.
- For example, you can reduce the time and effort required to defer revenues and expenses to relevant accounting periods, and report on deferred amounts for customers, vendors, and account ledgers.
- You can be confident in your posting setup, using the posting preview feature. Review the entries that will be created before you post a document or journal, so you can reduce errors in posting and understand the effect transactions have on related ledgers.
- You can also ensure accuracy and reduce fraud with the new positive pay feature, and improve efficiency and save time using the Microsoft Word format defaults for various reports.
Web client enhancements
Accomplish even more in your browser-based interface— improving productivity and performance with more than 60 enhancements to the Web client. Experience improved page and list navigation, and a significantly shorter start-up time when launching Dynamics NAV in a web browser. Desktop users can enjoy simplicity and enhanced usability, including using collapsible Fast Tabs and cross-column search. You can also use features that are familiar from the Windows client, for example, Freeze Pane, search-as-youtype in field lookups, language selection, changing the company, and more.
Database-as-a-service in the cloud
Take advantage of enterprise-class scalability, security, and availability in the cloud with the new option to deploy Dynamics NAV on Microsoft Azure SQL Database, Microsoft’s industry-leading database-as-a-service in the cloud offering.
- With this option, you get the benefits of a cloud infrastructure with enterprise-grade security and scale, high availability, superior performance, and near-zero maintenance. Administration is easy—the database software is automatically patched and upgraded by Microsoft Azure and includes built-in support and automatic backups.
- Microsoft Azure SQL Database, with its predictable performance, guarantees matching the scale and pace of your business environment. It provides industry-leading 99.99% availability, built-in redundancy, resilience and security features, point-in-time recovery, and attractive pricing.
Improved upgrading and extensibility
Get exactly the functionality you need because partners can use extensions in Dynamics NAV to easily build, customize, and extend self-contained functionality. Upgrades are seamless because new versions are installed automatically, as part of an upgrade process. In addition, Dynamics NAV 2016 includes a suite of automated tests for partners’ solutions and customer implementations that reduce or even eliminate manual testing and increases efficiency.